[1990's] [2000's] [Alumni Bands]
- With the new decade came another
- Dan Adams joined the staff in 1990
and continues to lead the Wooster High School
Some of the highlights of the new era include...
The 90s brought several new and exciting things to the band
- 1992 - The Wooster High School Bands began a series of tours performing in Boston, Chicago, Washington DC, New York, Orlando, and Toronto. The tours were highlighted by perfromances at such venues as Disney World, Comiskey Park, Shae Stadium, Citi Field, and Fenway Park.
- 1993 - We said "goodbye" to an old friend - the
old school on the corner of Bowman and Quinby, and
"hello" to a new one. The 1993 alumni gathering was the first of four memorable reunion events. It was our way of
looking back on all the wonderful memories that the old
Wooster High had given us.
- 1994 - We moved into the new Wooster High School on the
North end of town.
- 1995 - WCS Music Staff performs first of 25 years of annual Faculty Recitals.
- 1996 - The growth of the program precipitated the need
for a third band at the High School. Freshman Band was
- 1996 - With the new band also came a new staff position.
Kelly Mollnow joined Doug Bennett and Dan Adams on the
- 1997 - Mr. and Mrs. Adams took students on the first of eight performing tours through Europe.
- 1998 & 2002 - Wooster High Symphonic Band performed at the OMEA State Music Education Conference.
- 2003 - Wooster High School was named as a Grammy Signature School for having one of the top 50 music programs in the country.
- Unforgettable trips continue, including performances at famous venues like Fenway Park in Boston.
- 2009 - Wooster High School Marching Band performs at Ohio State Marching Band Skull Session.
- 2012 - 8th Grade Band began meeting at WHS as part of the WCS restructuring plan.
- Wooster High School Symphomic Band continues to receive Superioir (1) ratings in class AA at State OMEA Adjudicated Event.
[Back to Top]